The Toolkit for Preventing Retaliation After Sexual Assault within the College Context is designed to increase the capacity of colleges to prevent students from experiencing retaliation related to sexual assault reports. It is organized into five issue areas:
- Creating a Culture Intolerant of Retaliation
- Standardizing Definitions
- Closing the Gap in Knowledge
- Building Strong and Supportive Systems of Investigation and Accountability
- Providing Comprehensive Support to Complainants
The tools included within this toolkit were created based on findings from an
accompanying literature review, which includes key informant interview results, peer-reviewed literature, and best practices from sectors that have made significant efforts to address and prevent retaliation.