Attention: Higher Education Administrators and Educators, Title IX Coordinators, Student Support Personnel, Student Advocates, Parents, and Other Education Stakeholders The U.S. Department of Education is hosting a webinar series to address
Attention: Higher Education Administrators and Educators, Title IX Coordinators, Student Support Personnel, Student Advocates, Parents, and Other Education Stakeholders
The U.S. Department of Education is hosting a webinar series to address hot topics that are on the top of educators’ minds. After sharing federal updates, the series features lessons learned and best practices from faculty, staff, schools, districts, institutions of higher education, and other places of educational instruction. It also shares a variety of useful resources.
On behalf of the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Elementary and Secondary Education’s Office of Safe and Supportive Schools, the National Center on Safe Supportive Learning Environments (NCSSLE) invites you to join the next Lessons from the Field webinar, Partners in Prevention: Engaging the Campus Community to Prevent Gender-Based Violence.
Wednesday, September 14, 2022
3:00 – 4:15 pm ET
Please join the U.S. Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights to learn practical, ready-to-use strategies for preventing sexual violence and other gender-based violence on college and university campuses. This webinar will feature a roundtable of higher education administrators and a student perspective along with experts describing actual practices, strategies, and lessons learned in their efforts to support prevention and reduce the incidence of gender-based violence on college and university campuses.
- Karla Arango, Student & President, Norse Violence Prevention Ambassador Program, Northern Kentucky University, a public university in Kentucky
- Meg Bossong, Director, Sexual Assault Response, and Health Education, Williams College, a private liberal arts college in Massachusetts
- Sarah DeGue, Senior Scientist, Research and Evaluation Branch, Division of Violence Prevention, CDC
- Lisa Evaneski, Title IX Coordinator, SUNY Oswego, a public college in New York
- Ryan Kane, Assistant Vice President, Equity and Access, and Title IX Coordinator, Valencia College, a community college in Florida
- Mia Maxwell, Title IX Coordinator, Tuskegee University, an HBCU in Alabama
- Katryna Sardis, Director, Relationship and Sexual Violence Prevention Center, University of Missouri-Columbia, a public university in Missouri
All webinar materials will be posted on the event webpage for ease of access, including:
- slides to help follow the presentation and take notes (posted on the day of the webinar),
- related resources to learn more and share with others (initial set posted before the webinar and the balance posted the day after the webinar), and
- archived recording to share and re-watch (posted the day after the webinar).
You must register to participate in this presentation.
Higher education institutions’ participation in this webinar is for the purpose of sharing information and activities at these schools that may be useful to webinar participants. Please note that the Department is not endorsing the information and activities shared by participants, and that an institution’s participation is unrelated to any of OCR’s current or future enforcement of federal civil rights laws.
Please contact NCSSLE if you have any questions. We look forward to sharing this information with you and hearing about the important work you are doing in your schools, communities, and states to meet the needs of students and staff.
(Wednesday) 3:00 pm - 4:15 pm
U.S. Department of Education